The College Park-University of Maryland Metro stop is one of 15 stations set to reopen this Sunday following a three-month shutdown to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority announced Monday.

WMATA closed the College Park station and 16 other Metro stops on March 26, in an effort to conserve cleaning supplies for stations that remained open and to protect public health, according to a statement released March 24.

The Metro’s Pandemic Task Force closed the stations after facing delays in the delivery of cleaning supplies, according to the statement. Ridership at the College Park station had dropped by 90 percent in the days prior to its closure, the statement said.

Select entrances that have been closed for cleaning purposes at certain Metro stops — nine total — will also reopen Sunday, including entrances at the Dupont Circle, L’Enfant Plaza and Gallery Place-Chinatown stations, according to Monday’s statement.

Metro riders and employees are required to wear face coverings or masks on all trains and stations, although WMATA cannot guarantee that social distancing will be possible at all times, according to the announcement. Several COVID-19 guidelines will remain in place as the stations reopen, including frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces and rear-door boarding.

After Sunday, Arlington Cemetery will be the only Metro station without regular service, since the Arlington National Cemetery remains closed to the public. Seventy-two of WMATA’s 91 stations have stayed open since March.

In addition to reopening stations, WMATA will be adding 136 trips to the system’s 14 busiest bus lines to help prevent crowding, according to Monday’s statement.