In its third year, the Ed Snider Center’s one-of-a-kind Student Leadership Award will recognize University of Maryland students who lead by example and make positive contributions to society. The Center is seeking applicants with a deep commitment to, and a sustained investment in community, colleagues, teammates, family and friends.

The 2020 Ed Snider Center Leadership Award, which is open to all full-time University of Maryland students with a minimum 3.0 GPA, will honor twelve leaders for their accomplishments in the following areas:

• INNOVATION – For students who have helped an organization meet its goals for growth and change and have demonstrated an optimistic vision for the future.
  • ENTERPRISE – For students who champion goal-oriented collaboration and create positive outcomes for all the members of a team.
  • RESILIENCE – For students who embody integrity and a growth mindset.

This year, the Ed Snider Center for Enterprise and Markets at the Robert H. Smith School of Business will award $1,200 to three UMD students for the hard work they do on campus and in their communities. The remaining nine finalists will receive $300 each. All twelve finalists will be honored at a banquet this Spring where they’re encouraged to invite family and friends to celebrate with.

An awards committee will review all applications which should include an unofficial transcript, an essay, one recommendation letter, and a resume. The application deadline is March 31st.

Applications are available here.