Your UMD classes are teaching you the critical thinking and practical skills you need to be successful in your future career.

But with success comes money. A recent survey found that 56% of recent graduates lack confidence in their ability to create a short-term budget and manage long-term finances such as a 401(k). Another survey found that a lack of financial literacy can cost people up to $10,000 per year.

That’s money that could be used for a down payment on a house or to pay down student loans, start a small business, or invest for early retirement.

SECU team with UMD students

SECU: Your Financial Ally

SECU is Maryland’s largest credit union and the official banking partner of the Maryland Terrapins. Our mission is to give back to our Terrapin community, and we are invested in your financial literacy to help you take control of your finances for the long term.

We hold financial literacy sessions on campus throughout the year and can schedule a personalized session for your team or club.

We also offer free financial wellness checkups to everyone in the Terp community. You can schedule an appointment to meet with a Member Advisor who can help you map out your financial goals, setting you on the path to success. Schedule your checkup today.

Financial Solutions that Grow with You

As a member-owned credit union, we offer competitive rates on loans, savings accounts, and other financial products that you need at every stage of your financial journey, including:

• SECU Total™ Rewards Checking – an all-in-one checking solution with no monthly maintenance fees or minimum balance requirements. SECU Total™ Rewards Checking grows with you, offering tiered rewards including interest rates and cash back on debit card transactions.
  • SECU Visa® Credit Cards – including a student Visa card with no annual fee that helps you establish your credit history while earning rewards.

Special Perks for Terps

As the official banking partner of UMD, we team up with the university to bring you exciting offers – from exclusive rewards on tickets to Terps games to special student-friendly surprises.

Because you are part of the UMD community, you qualify to become a member of SECU. Joining is easy and can be done quickly online.

Your career is just around the corner. Gain the financial literacy you need to take control of your finances before you leave campus.

Question? Contact Annie, your SECU campus connection, at annie.weinschenk@secumd.com.