The University of Maryland has brought on an investigator from a private firm to fill one of the many open positions in its Office of Civil Rights and Sexual Misconduct.

The office currently has one investigator from a firm called Husch Blackwell, according to a statement from the office.

[Read more: After nine years, Sharon Kirkland-Gordon has retired as director of UMD’s Counseling Center]

With the start of the fall semester less than a week away, the office is still looking to hire five new staffers, including three investigators, who are tasked with looking into sexual misconduct and discrimination complaints from the campus community.

The firm is “equipped with additional experienced investigators” to support the office if it’s needed, the statement read.

[Read more: Student affairs official to assume VP role during search for Linda Clement’s replacement]

“The Office of Civil Rights and Sexual Misconduct is ready to serve the campus community as the fall semester approaches,” the statement added.

A new administrative assistant recently started at the office, which has been in a period of high turnover since the departure of its original director, Catherine Carroll.

After Carroll’s departure last August, the office’s longtime deputy director left too, alongside two other staffers.