Three-star running back Ebony Jackson has committed to Maryland football, he tweeted late Saturday night.

The Marietta, Georgia, native is the Terps No. 1-rated recruit so far in the 2020 class, per 247Sports’ composite rankings.

The 6-foot-1, 205-pound Jackson originally committed to Tennessee in April, but he decommitted in May and chose Maryland over blue-blood programs such as Alabama, Ole Miss, South Carolina and West Virginia, according to 247Sports.

Head coach Mike Locksley and running backs coach Elijah Brooks hosted both Jackson and local three-star safety Beau Brade this weekend, securing commitments from both.

Maryland turned its attention to Jackson in late May after four-star running back and Brooks’ former player at DeMatha High School, MarShawn Lloyd, spurned the Terps in favor of the Gamecocks.

The running back position is already a strength area for Maryland, as it returns a plethora of key contributors such as Anthony McFarland, Jake Funk, Javon Leake, Lorenzo Harrison and Tayon Fleet-Davis. Barring transfers or entry into the NFL Draft, they all could be on the roster for the 2020 season, too.

Of that group, only McFarland has eligibility for the 2021 season, paving the way for Jackson to take on a more prominent role in what would be his second year.

Jackson’s commitment makes him the 10th in the 2020 class and the third Georgia native to commit to Maryland so far, joining cornerback Rashad Battle and defensive end Jordan Mitchell.

According to 247Sports, Jackson’s commitment gives Maryland the No. 35-ranked class nationally and the No. 8 class in the Big Ten.