Three-star cornerback Rashad Battle has committed to Maryland football and will join its 2020 class, he tweeted Tuesday.

The Georgia native is the No. 45 cornerback in the 2020 class and he chose the Terps over programs such as Iowa, Georgia Tech, Louisville, West Virginia and South Carolina, according to 247Sports.

Coach Mike Locksley has made it a point to go after highly touted players in the Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia area, but Battle’s commitment is another sign that he is not afraid to challenge blue blood southern programs for recruits.

A Fairburn, Georgia native, Battle is the Terps’ second commit from the 2020 class from Georgia, joining three-star defensive end Jordan Mitchell, who is from Tyrone, Georgia and committed in April.

Battle’s commitment comes after an official visit this past weekend and just one day after three-star offensive tackle Santana Saunders pledged to play in College Park in 2020.

According to 247Sports, Battle is the Terps’ second-highest rated recruit — just behind outside linebacker Ruben Hyppolite — among the team’s 2020 commits so far. He racked up five interceptions in the 2018-19 season at Creekside High School.

The lengthy corner won’t factor into Maryland’s plans for the 2019 campaign, but with an already-thin group set to lose multiple key pieces to graduation after 2019, Battle could be forced into action sooner rather than later as the Terps restock the depleted position.

With Battle now on board, Maryland owns the No. 32-ranked class nationally and the No. 7-ranked class in the Big Ten.