The Maryland women’s golf team finished one place short of reaching next week’s NCAA Championships, but the season isn’t over for sophomore Virunpat Olankitkunchai.

Olankitkunchai finished tied for third three rounds in the Auburn Regional, shooting two-under par in the first two rounds of the tournament. The Bangkok, Thailand, native finished with a 73 in the third round, but she remained in the field to advance, becoming the first golfer in program history to qualify for the championship round.

[Read more: Maryland women’s golf has a chance to continue a strong season in NCAA tournament]

The Terps, who returned to NCAA Regionals for the first time since 2012, finished in seventh place, three strokes away from qualification. However, the young squad’s performance throughout the week ensured that the Terps finished the round with a plus-15 score, the best regional score in program history.

Meanwhile, Olankitkunchai, who earned All-Big Ten first team honors this season, finished tied for third, securing her place in the championship round, which takes place at the Blessings Golf Club in Fayetteville, Arkansas from May 17 to 22.

The sophomore impressed throughout the season, earning six top-10 finishes during the season, including one in April’s Big Ten Championships en route to an All-Big Ten Championship team appearance.