Maryland football has signed its first linebacker to its 2019 class as three-star Tallahassee native Cortez Andrews chose to continue his football career in College Park on Wednesday afternoon.

The announcement comes just after Maryland hauled in four-star quarterback Lance LeGendre and three-star JuCo transfer Parris Heath.

Andrews was a force on defense at Godby High School, accounting for 96 total tackles, 18 tackles for a loss and nine-and-a-half sacks during his senior season, per MaxPreps. Andrews received significant attention from Power 5 schools and was offered by Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Nebraska and others.

[Read more: Maryland football began National Signing Day with two new commitments]

Andrews officially visited campus the weekend of Jan. 25 with 11 other prospects, all of whom will be Terrapins next season aside from Tayvion Land, who decommitted from Maryland and flipped to Liberty the night before Wednesday’s National Signing Day.

Maryland is up to 18 commits in its class and rose to No. 59 in the 247Sports team rankings. Linebacker Kameron Blount out of Waldorf, Maryland is the lone verbal who has yet to sign his letter of intent.

Maryland has the potential to add another linebacker to its 2019 class as four-star Eugene Asante will be making his college decision at 6 p.m. tonight. He is considering Maryland, Virginia Tech, Nebraska, North Carolina and Florida State.