Maryland football head coach Mike Locksley made an unexpected splash on National Signing Day when four-star dual-threat quarterback Lance LeGendre signed with the Terps and JuCo product offensive guard Parris Heath flipped from Louisiana Tech to join Locksley in College Park.

LeGendre is the lone quarterback in Maryland’s current recruiting class. Three-star quarterback David Summers had previously pledged to Maryland in May before flipping on Jan. 27 and signing with Syracuse this morning.

LeGendre is rated the No. 9 dual-threat quarterback in the country and the No. 14 player in Louisiana by 247Sports. He attended Easton High School in New Orleans where he accumulated 18 total touchdowns while throwing for 926 yards and averaging 47 yards per game on the ground, per MaxPreps.

[Read more: Maryland football adds three players to 2019 recruiting class]

Despite previously being a verbal commitment to Kansas, LeGendre was expected to join Florida State on Wednesday. LeGendre visited Tallahassee on Jan. 25 but received a scholarship from Locksley the next day and took an official visit to College Park last weekend. He becomes the second-highest rated recruit in the class.

Three-star offensive guard Parris Heath also signed with Maryland in the morning. Rated the No. 2 JuCo transfer out of New York by 247Sports, Heath committed to Louisiana Tech on Jan. 26 before flipping Wednesday.

The 6-foot-4, 325-pound guard attended Ramapo High School in Spring Valley, New York, and will be eligible to play immediately.

Three-star outside linebacker Kam Blount remains the only unsigned verbal commit in the 2019 class, but there are multiple Locksley targets who have yet to make their final announcement, including four-stars Nick Cross and Eugene Asante.