No player had committed to Maryland football in months since the death of Jordan McNair and subsequent fallout threw the program into disarray until three-star running back Treshaun Ward ended the drought Thursday night, committing to the Terps via Twitter.

The Terps 2019 class currently ranks last in the Big Ten according to 247Sports, after being top-five in the conference each of the past two years. With 10 commits, the Terps tie for the smallest class in the Big Ten.

Ward attends Tampa Bay Tech, is the No. 84-ranked running back in the country and No. 174-ranked player in Florida, according to 247Sports’ composite rankings. At 5-foot-9, 182-pounds, Ward is a hard runner with the ability to find the hole, make a quick cut and break out in the open. Ward chose the Terps over Louisville, Nebraska and several other Power-5 programs.

In 2017, Ward ran for 1,272 yards on 183 carries and scored 15 touchdowns last season, according to MaxPreps. In his 2018 opener, he led his team to a win by racking up 199 yards and two touchdowns, according to MaxPreps.

Ward joins three-star Jordan Houston as running backs in the 2019 class. Ward also becomes the second player from Tampa in the class along with three-star receiver Ahmarean Brown.

Wide receivers coach Chris Beatty led Ward’s recruitment, according to 247Sports.