Dec. 9, 2017 marked a holiday for Terps fans: a day when Maryland won and Duke lost. The Terps took care of business in an 82-60 victory over Gardner Webb, while Boston College handed the Blue Devils their first defeat of the season, 89-84.

In the old ACC days, it was pretty easy to have a day when Maryland won and Duke lost: The Terps would just beat the Blue Devils in a head-to-head matchup. But now that Maryland’s moved to the Big Ten, those meetings have stopped.

That being said, today has not been the first time Maryland won and Duke lost since Maryland changed conferences. Here are the most recent examples.

March 4, 2017

Maryland beat Michigan State 63-60, Duke lost to North Carolina 90-83

Melo Trimble’s game-winning shot against Michigan State was the perfect way for his final game at Xfinity Center to end. What made that day even sweeter was that Duke also lost that night. The Blue Devils fell to the Tar Heels in the Dean Dome to complete a wonderful day for Terps fans.

January 14, 2017

Maryland beat Illinois 62-56, Duke lost to Louisville 78-69

About 11 months ago, Maryland traveled to Champaign and won without needing to go to overtime after blowing a 22-point lead. Anthony Cowan led the Terps on that night with 19 points. Meanwhile, the Blue Devils lost to the favorite team of Papa John himself, as the Cardinals grabbed a victory in the KFC Yum! Center, the only arena I am aware of with an exclamation point in its name.

January 10, 2017

Maryland beat Indiana 75-72, Duke lost to Florida State 88-72

Maryland winning and Duke losing on the same day happened twice in less than a week last January. Four days before the Terps prevailed in Champaign, they topped the Hoosiers behind 18 points from Melo Trimble. Meanwhile, the Seminoles held Grayson Allen to 2-for-6 on field goals en route to a comfortable win in Tallahassee.

November 15, 2016

Maryland beat Georgetown 76-75, Duke lost to Kansas 77-75

In one of the wilder games the Terps have played under Mark Turgeon, they overcame a nine-point deficit with 2:21 left to squeak out a one-point win in Washington, D.C., against the Hoyas. Playing just his second college game, Kevin Huerter delivered the game-winning block for Maryland. Meanwhile, Kansas beat Duke in a neutral site meeting at Madison Square Garden. The Jayhawks had nine more rebounds than the Blue Devils, which proved pivotal for their victory.