Four-star combo guard Darryl Morsell (Mount Saint Joseph) announced his decision to join the Maryland men’s basketball program over Notre Dame on Wednesday afternoon.

Morsell is the second player in the Terps’ 2017 class, joining four-star center Bruno Fernando.

The Baltimore native is the No. 5 combo guard in the nation and the third-best player in the state, according to 247sports. The recruiting outlet ranks Morsell as the No. 79 player in the nation.

While he had offers from Villanova and Dayton, Morsell narrowed his list to Notre Dame and the Terps before making his decision.

Morsell took a visit to College Park on Oct. 1 and also attended Maryland Madness on Oct. 14. Three days later, he canceled his official visit to Dayton. Assistant coach Bino Ranson primarily recruited Morsell.

As a junior last season, Morsell earned first-team All-Metro honors after putting up 10.6 points and 5.1 rebounds. He also helped lead his squad to the Maryland Interscholastic Athletic Association and Baltimore Catholic League title games.

Morsell has always had Maryland on his radar. In an interview with madehoops.com in August, he said he grew up watching the Terps from his home in Baltimore.

“I like the relationship I have with head coach Mark Turgeon and assistant coach Bino Ranson,” Morsell told Pat Lawless of madehoops.com in August. “I’ve gotten to learn a lot about their program and I’m happy to have a strong relationship with them.”