Former USF guard Selton Miguel committed to Maryland men’s basketball on Tuesday, he announced on Instagram.

Miguel is the 89th-ranked player in the transfer portal, according to On3. He won the American Athletic Conference’s Most Improved Player and Sixth Man of the Year awards this past season. He was also an All-AAC second team selection.

The Angola native and cousin of former Terp Bruno Fernando was a three-star recruit out of West Oaks Academy in Orlando, Florida. Miguel attended Kansas State for his first two seasons, starting 36 out of 45 games while averaging 7.2 points. He transferred to USF for his third season and upped his scoring to 10.3 points per game.

[Former Maryland men’s basketball guard Kevin McLinton dies at 52]

Miguel averaged a career-high 14.7 points during his fourth collegiate season with the Bulls. He shot a career-high 39 percent from 3-point range on 5.5 attempts and 80 percent from the free throw line. The 6-foot-4 guard transitioned to a bench role, starting in five of his 33 games, but averaged the most minutes of his career at 28.4.

Miguel declared for the 2024 NBA Draft when he entered the transfer portal on April 5, but is expected to return to college next season, InsideMDSports reported.

Miguel has until May 29 to withdraw his name from the draft.

Miguel marks the third transfer pickup for coach Kevin Willard after commitments from guards Ja’Kobi Gillespie and Rodney Rice in March. The Terps have lost five players to the transfer portal and have two remaining open scholarships.