For University of Maryland students who aren’t looking to spend their evenings waiting in lines at the local bars, Terps After Dark is expanding its late night series of events.

This is an alcohol-free late night program, serving as an alternative to underage drinking. Terps After Dark receives support from various campus departments and organizations such as Hillel, Student Entertainment Events and Stamp Student Union, which help them put on events during the first six weeks of the school year.

Terps After Dark started hosting events in 2015, and since then Residence Hall Association has supported their efforts, said junior marketing major Helen Liu, the public relations and outreach officer for RHA.

“Terps After Dark is a great cause, and RHA has a responsibility to represent every student on-campus, so we fully intend to maintain our relationship with this program,” said senior government and politics major Sasha Galbreath, the RHA vice president.

Part of the program’s goal is to “support responsible behaviors,” university President Wallace Loh wrote in an email to students.

“Terps After Dark will increase alcohol-free, late night programs to support responsible behaviors,” Loh wrote.

On Sept. 16, the Department of Resident Life, the RHA and Dining Services collaborated to host a karaoke night in the North Campus Dining Hall.

Freshman government and politics major Gideon Epstein said he was impressed with the large turnout and lively atmosphere of Friday’s event.

“My friends and I were looking for some food late at night and we almost went to get wings on South Campus down at Cluck-U, but then we heard that there was food at the North Campus Diner until 1 a.m.,” Epstein said. “We checked it out and by coincidence there was chicken wings, so it was a W. It turned out to be a really cool event.”

In addition to the late-night chicken wings, the karaoke entertainment came with a twist.

“Usually, karaoke is with electronically produced music, but it was really cool that they had a live band,” Epstein said. “They were really good — I’d definitely go again.”

Other events last weekend included: SEE Presents: Hypnotist Chris Jones, Campfire and Movie with Maryland Hillel, the men’s soccer game against Penn State, the field hockey game against Indiana, Cosmic Bowling in Terp Zone and Friday Night Lights Flag Football.

Will Armstrong, a freshman enrolled in letters and sciences, said he enjoyed the late night flag football tournament.

“It was a great time — I had a lot of fun,” Armstrong said. “Our group of friends is always trying to be active, and we love pick-up games. One of my friends saw a poster for it, so we got a team together.”

The Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center also sponsored a Terps After Dark event. The Clarice hosted the NextNOW Fest, featuring music, dance and theater from Sept. 9-10.

“It was great for The Clarice to be a partner because Terps After Dark aligns with our goal to build community at the beginning of the year,” said Megan Pagado, associate director of The Clarice’s Artist Partner Program.

Upcoming Terps After Dark events are posted and updated on the group’s website.