After 23 students were arrested in connection with the post-Duke game riot earlier this month, University and Prince George’s County Police vowed to make more arrests after reviewing video footage and identifying others who incited the night of chaos.

Three weeks later, no further arrests have been made.

But police officials said that’s not for a lack of investigating. Because police only have photo and video evidence of masses of nameless students, it will take time to identify and prosecute those who engaged in arson and destroyed property during the rioting and the ensuing police actions.

University Police have released three photos of students they believe to have been involved in setting fires on the campus on March 3, although they have not yet identified the students.

Prince George’s County Police District 1 Commander Maj. Daniel Dusseau said he’s unsure how long it might take for his department to correctly identify individuals captured on film that police deemed responsible for disorderly conduct and destruction of property.

“We may be able to identify some faster than others,” Dusseau said. “The identity of some isn’t as clear, so it will take some time to identify them.”

No matter how long it takes, he added, those individuals will eventually be charged.

“If criminal conduct is observed we can identify them and will,” Dusseau said.

County police are responsible for investigating the incidents ton Route 1 and beyond the campus’ borders, while University Police are leading a similar investigation to identify students responsible for trash can fires on McKeldin Mall and a tree that was set ablaze outside of Montgomery Hall following the Terps’ victory.

Both departments are sharing and swapping footage of suspects they believe to be involved in more serious offenses in their respective jurisdictions, University Police Spokesman Paul Dillon said.

Because the photo evidence police have is relatively clear, Dillon said he is confident the students will be identified swiftly. He said anyone who can identify the students should contact University Police — even the students in question.

“We encourage them to come forward,” he said. “They might get some leniency.”

All tips and information should be directed to the University Police’s tip line or to Lt. Jim Goldsmith, who can be reached at 301-405-5766. They are asking that anyone with further information on the suspects contact their Criminal Investigation Unit.

Senior staff writer Kyle Goon contributed to this report. botelho@umdbk.com