A CBS Sports survey found that there are only three players in college basketball other coaches would want more on their team this season than Melo Trimble.

Nine percent of the coaches surveyed indicated that if they could add anyone to their squad, it would be Maryland’s point guard.

An anonymous coach admired Trimble’s experience when asked why he would pick him.

Melo is battle-tested. He’s seen every look known to man from opposing defenses, has played in every hostile environment there is, and most of the time he had his team right there at the end with a chance to win it,” he said.

The coach also praised his all-around ability.

“He excels in all facets to me. He can shoot it with range when he’s feeling it, go by you off the bounce, handle it by getting where he wants to go with it, and he can pull up mid-range off pick-and-rolls and put it in the pocket on passes,” he added. “Bottom line, is I trust him with the ball and my team.”

The three players voted ahead of Trimble were Grayson Allen (Duke), Markelle Fultz (Washington) and Harry Giles (Duke).

Trimble had a sophomore slump last season. He scored fewer points, made fewer shots and got to the line less often than he did a freshman. However, Trimble’s appearance on this list shows that coaches across college basketball believe Trimble will revert to his old self as a junior.