Melo Trimble, Diamond Stone and Robert Carter Jr. all have to make some hard decisions in the coming months, but declaring for the 2016 NBA Draft isn’t one of them.

Thanks to a rule that’s new this season, players can declare for the NBA Draft without losing their college eligibility. This means if the Terrapins men’s basketball team’s three star underclassmen can declare for the draft and still return to school.

Previously, players had until National Signing Day in April to declare for the draft. Now, they can get evaluated at the NBA Draft Combine, which runs from May 11-15, before making their final decision by May 25.

The Combine is what really makes this rule change worthwhile. In addition to personal workouts each player will do with NBA teams, the Combine will allow players to test their skills against other players considering the draft and in front of scouts.

Trimble, Stone and Carter all have to make their choice between the NBA and College Park by May 25, 10 days after the Combine.

However, if any one of them hires an agent, he’s gone. Any college athlete who hires an agent immediately surrenders his or her remaining eligibility. Players who don’t want to return to college can hire agents immediately and get a jump on preparation for the draft and for professional life. Though there are reports that Stone will declare for the draft, he has yet to hire an agent.

The important thing to remember is this: If and when these players declare for the draft, they aren’t necessarily leaving this state.