MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA — Less than a minute into Thursday night’s game, guard Melo Trimble rose up from beyond the arc and buried a 3-pointer.

For the sophomore, who was coming off a 1-for-14 outing, it seemed like the type of shot that could get him going again. His next basket wouldn’t come for more than 25 minutes, though.

Trimble missed seven consecutive shots during the stretch, turning in a 3-for-11 performance in the No. 6 Terps’ upset loss 68-63 to Minnesota. The Terps start point guard is now 7-for-38 (18.4 percent) from the field in his past four games.

“I just feel like a lot of people are putting too much pressure on him,” said guard Rasheed Sulaimon, who has scored at least 16 points in each of the past four games. “He’s just got to go out there and play. We’re fine. Everyone has confidence in him. He has confidence in himself.”

Trimble leads the Terps with 14 points per game, and he’s scored in double figures in three of the past four games, but his inefficiency has hurt the offense.

Still, forward Jake Layman echoed Sulaimon, believing Trimble will break out of the slump.

“We have so much confidence in Melo,” Layman said. “We’re not worried about him. He’s going to get in the gym, get extra shots up, get himself going again. He’ll be fine.”

Trimble’s struggles have grown beyond his shooting, though.

After committing five giveaways in Saturday’s loss to Wisconsin, Trimble turned the ball over six times Thursday. It’s his most turnovers in a game since Dec. 1 and the worst two-game stretch of his college career.

The most egregious came in the final 30 seconds with the Terps trailing 62-61. After Layman forced a steal, Trimble led the break the other way. He attempted to pass back to Layman, who was cutting to the rim, but his pass was behind the senior, and the ball was stolen.

He also committed a turnover with 1:24 and the Terps trailing by one point.

“He had a couple turnovers that weren’t Melo like,” coach Mark Turgeon said.

Trimble is largely credited with spearheading the turnaround in College Park. The Terps won a program-record 26 regular-season games during his rookie campaign, and he was tabbed the Big Ten Preseason Player of the Year before this season.

So with the Terps suffering back-to-back losses for the first time with Trimble, fans have lashed out on social media about his struggles and the team’s downward slide.

“We just got to put our blinders on, not worry about what everyone is saying and thinking about our team or any one of our players, and just go out there and play,” Sulaimon said. “He’s phenomenal at what does and sometimes you are going to have adversity, but we just got to close it out.”

His most recent woes came against a Minnesota squad that was 0-13 in Big Ten play.

Now he’ll have to try to end the skid against Michigan, which he scored a career-low two points against Jan. 12 in a 70-67 loss.

“It’s my job. That’s what I get paid to do. I got to get Melo going again,” Turgeon said. “Hopefully I can do it by Sunday at 1 o’clock.”