It’s that time again when your friends who care about things other than sports commit to bettering themselves by saying things like, “I’ll try to eat healthier” and “I’ll try to drink less on weeknights” in the new year.

We all know they aren’t going to actually follow through with whatever their New Year’s resolutions are. Here are some commitments you can make in 2016 that will help you become a better Maryland basketball fan, and maybe (probably not) a better person.

I won’t get (too) mad when Maryland loses a game it should have won.

Maryland has only lost one game this year, to a quality North Carolina team on the road. That’s going to change. KenPom currently predicts Maryland to finish the season 25-6, which would mean five more losses for the Terps. That total could be a little high, but the general idea there is absolutely correct. The Terps aren’t going undefeated in conference play.

Maryland will probably lose at least once to No. 5 Michigan State or No. 20 Purdue, but chances are the Terps will also fall to a team they have no business losing to. That’s just how it goes. Last season, Wisconsin lost an embarrassing game to Rutgers before making it to the Final Four. So when the Terps falter against Minnesota on the road, you can be a little mad when it happens. But don’t act like the team is screwed. One loss probably won’t mean that much. By only losing the one game to North Carolina, Maryland has built a bit of a cushion for itself, and will probably be able to absorb a couple losses and still get a No. 1 seed.

I won’t freak out just because Jake Layman isn’t scoring enough points.

Layman has always seemed to be a lighting rod of negativity for Maryland fans. He received some understandable flak for his underwhelming performance from beyond the arc this season, and for his disappearing act against North Carolina. He’s only shooting 35 percent from deep, almost three points under what he shot as a junior. But he’s knocking down 65 percent of his 2-pointers, which is a 12 percent increase from 2014-2015.

Last season, Maryland needed Layman to be one of its main scorers. This year he’s embracing a different role on the team, as he’s only one piece of a stacked starting lineup. With transfers Rasheed Sulaimon and Robert Carter Jr. making major contributions this year, he’s doing FINE, people.

I won’t be disappointed if/when most of Maryland’s team disappears after this season

Savor this team while you still can. After the season, head coach Mark Turgeon could be looking to replace all five of his top scorers. Layman and Rasheed Sulaimon are seniors, so they’re automatically gone after this season. Melo Trimble and Stone are projected to be drafted in the middle of the first round of the 2016 NBA Draft, according to DraftExpress. We all knew coming into the season that Stone was probably a one-and-done player, and with Trimble having an even better season than he did last year, it seems likely both will depart for the NBA. So enjoy moments like these while you still can:

Carter has one year of eligibility remaining, but he could also leave early. In his first season as a Terp, he ranks first on the team in shooting percentage and rebounds and second in points per game. He’s not on many mock drafts yet, but that will surely change if he keeps this performance up during conference and postseason play. If he’s going in the first round of mock drafts, it’s very possible he exits College Park after one season. You might as well prepare yourself to say goodbye to your favorite Maryland players, just in case.