Maryland softball, gymnastics and men’s lacrosse made splashes in the 2026 class, highlighted by a Canadian commitment. Football made the top 10 for a four-star product while coach Kevin Willard and men’s basketball wait for a local prospect’s decision.

Commitments

Softball

Saige Miller, 2026, outfielder, Fowler High School, Fowler, Michigan

While her primary position is center field, Miller also plays catcher and shortstop. She hit .500 with 42 RBIs during her freshman year and helped the Eagles win the regional title for the first time in nine years.

Miller earned first-team honors in her conference, district and region.

Gymnastics

Kylee McQueen, 2026, Bear Creek Secondary School, Ontario, Canada

McQueen could become the first Canadian on Maryland’s roster since Kirsten Peterman in 2020 following her announced commitment Oct. 12. The 16-year-old has competed for Team Ontario three times at the Canadian Championships.

[Maryland football’s offseason transfers haven’t lived up to expectations]

McQueen posted a 9.883 on the vault, 9.500 on uneven bars, 9.550 on balance beam, 9.525 on floor exercise and 37.799 on all-around, according to her NCSA page. She competes for Alliston Gymnastics Club.

Lacrosse

Jacob Fedich, 2026, long stick midfield, Green Level High School, Cary, North Carolina

Coach John Tillman landed his 12th recruit of the 2026 cycle in Fedich. The junior is the No. 76 player in his class, according to Inside Lacrosse.

Fedich is the ninth four-star prospect of the Terps’ 2026 class. He helped guide the Gators to the North Carolina High School 4A State Championship in 2024 and scored 10 goals with eight assists last season.

Offers

Football

Kalib Spivey, 2027, defensive line, Benjamin Russell Highschool, Alexander City, Alabama

Spivey has collected offers from multiple Power Five schools, including Oregon, Ole Miss and Florida State. Maryland extended an offer Oct. 10.

The unranked prospect finished his freshman year with six sacks and 17 tackles for loss. He’s opened his sophomore campaign with 36 total tackles and seven tackles for loss through seven games.

Visits

Football
Jalen Patterson, 2026, defensive back, Cardinal O’Hara High School, Springfield, Pennsylvania

Patterson announced a visit to College Park to watch the Terps Oct. 15 game against USC. While primarily playing defensive back, Patterson has also split time at wide receiver for the Lions.

[Kevin Willard, Maryland men’s basketball embrace new roster construction philosophy]

Coach Michael Locksley has offered 21 defensive backs in the 2026 class. Three-star cornerback Khmari Bing is the only commit so far.

Announcements

Basketball

Cam Ward, 2025, power forward, Largo High School, Upper Marlboro

Ward will announce his commitment Oct. 22. The No. 2 player in Maryland is choosing between Kansas State, Maryland, Michigan State and Virginia.

The Terps previously grabbed commitments from Marcus Jackson and Christian Jeffrey, the No. 131 and No. 146 respective players in their class, according to the 247Sports Composite. Maryland missed out on four-star Jordan Scott last week, who committed to Michigan State.

Football

Kellen Wiley, 2025, linebacker, Armwood High School, Seffner, Florida

Wiley included the Terps’ in his top-10 list on Tuesday. Miami is the likeliest to earn his commitment, according to 247Sports, but the Terps are also competing with Big Ten foes Penn State, USC and Illinois.

Wiley finished his junior season with 82 tackles, two sacks and an interception. He is the No. 53 recruit in Florida and the No. 39-ranked linebacker, according to the 247Sports Composite.