Maryland men’s soccer midfielder Max Rogers dribbled down the right sideline. He started at midfield, and ran all the way into the box.

Forward Colin Griffith began his run at the back post. As Rogers chipped in a cross, the junior darted to the front post. Griffith glanced a header over the line for the Terps’ third score of the night.

Griffith’s tally in the 74th minute put No. 9 Maryland ahead of Washington for the first time on Friday leading to its 3-2 win in Seattle. It was the Terps’ first-ever away win against the Huskies.

Maryland (7-1-4, 5-0-1 Big Ten) only led for the final sixteen minutes of the match, trailing Washington (4-4-5, 1-3-3 Big Ten) in both halves. The Terps’ win gives them a three-point lead atop the conference standings thanks to an Ohio State loss.

Maryland’s defense has been susceptible to conceding from set piece opportunities in conference play this year. Northwestern, Penn State and Michigan State each struck from a free kick or corner kick against the Terps.

Maryland goalkeeper Laurin Mack punched away the Huskies’ first set piece — but Huskies midfielder Chris Meyers then swung a free kick that didn’t need anyone to touch it home.

[From NAIA to NCAA, Sadam Masereka has found his stride with Maryland men’s soccer]

Meyers’ effort rose over Mack’s outstretched arm to open the scoring. It marked the fourth consecutive game the Terps conceded from a set piece.

Going behind was a problem Maryland faced in its most recent outing against the Spartans, which resulted in a 2-1 Terps victory.

But Maryland’s attack hadn’t been shutout yet in the Big Ten. Its goal-scoring streak continued Friday.

Defender Luca Costabile laid off a pass to forward Max Rogers at the top of the box, whose first touches took him away from goal. He shifted the ball onto his favored left foot and dragged a low shot into the far corner to level the score at one four minutes after Washington’s opening score.

Rogers’ tally was his second of the year, ending a six-match drought. It was also just one of the Terps’ two shots on target in the first half. Midfielder Leon Koehl had the other. Washington led in shots, 8-4, through 45 minutes.

The score didn’t remain tied for long after the half.

[Maryland men’s soccer’s clutch comeback vaulted it back to top of Big Ten]

Washington midfielder Richie Aman sent a low cross across the face of goal. Mack pushed the ball back into the center of the box that defender Bjarne Thiesen touched away. But it fell right to midfielder Cooper Brunell, who scored the Huskies’ second goal of the night.

Brunell’s second-half marker restored the Washington lead for the second time of the night — but Maryland’s answer came even quicker than after the first Huskies score.

Forward Colin Griffith was shoved inside the box, winning the Terps a penalty.

Koehl stepped up to the spot for the fifth time this season — and like the previous four attempts — scored a penalty kick, just one minute after Brunell’s goal.

Maryland trailed twice against Washington, but for only five minutes.

Griffith’s header was the winner for the Terps. His sixth goal — from Rogers’ seventh assist of the campaign — earned Maryland another three points in the Big Ten table, bringing its total to 16.

Two comeback wins in a row keep the Terps undefeated in conference play through six matches and unbeaten in their last 10. A season removed from dropping several close contests, Maryland’s ability to take late leads and hold on gives it a three-point advantage.

“This team is built of the right stuff,” Cirovski said. “They have a warrior mentality. They love fighting for each other, and I’m very proud of them.”