Maryland men’s basketball received its second commitment of the 2025 class on Wednesday in guard Christian Jeffrey.

The Brooklyn, New York, native is the No. 146 player and the 17th-ranked combo guard in his class in the to 247Sports composite, which compiles the average rankings by different recruiting services. He’s ranked inside 247Sports and On3’s top 100.

Jeffrey attends Mt. Zion Prep in Lanham and is ranked the fourth-best prospect in Maryland. He transferred from Bishop Loughlin in Brooklyn ahead of his junior campaign. The guard visited Maryland in June and chose the Terps with Mississippi State and Texas A&M being his other two finalists.

[Baltimore native Marcus Jackson commits to Maryland men’s basketball]

The 6-foot-3, 200-pounder is one of many local players who have visited Maryland.

Jordan Scott, Marcus Jackson and Cam Ward all made their way to campus in recent weeks. Jackson committed to Maryland Sept. 8 and marked the Terps’ first commitment of the class.

Five-star point guard Mikel Brown Jr. is scheduled to visit Maryland later in October.

Jeffrey is the second recruit from Mt. Zion Prep to commit to Maryland under coach Kevin Willard, joining former teammate and current Terps freshman guard Malachi Palmer. Eight of Willard’s first 10 commitments either grew up or attended high school in Virginia, Maryland or Washington, D.C.