Four-star offensive lineman Jaylen Gilchrist committed to Maryland football on Saturday, he announced on a 247Sports YouTube livestream. Gilchrist became the highest-rated commit in Maryland’s 2025 class.

The lineman selected Maryland over offers from South Carolina and Georgia, his final three schools. Gilchrist joins Malik Washington, Zymear Smith, Bryce Jenkins and Iverson Howard as four-stars committed to coach Michael Locksley’s class.

[4-star QB Malik Washington commits to Maryland football]

The 6-foot-4 prospect is the No. 4 recruit in Virginia and No. 96 nationally, according to the 247Sports composite. Gilchrist’s last official visit was with the Terps in June, though the lineman was widely projected to commit to the Gamecocks ahead of his decision.

Gilchrist has experience playing both offensively and defensively, but is slated to play interior offensive line — with the ability to play multiple positions.

The Terps’ recruiting class ranking jumped to No. 26 following Gilchrist’s commitment. The mark is the second best in Locksley’s Maryland tenure.

The 295-pound recruit out of Salem High School is the fourth offensive lineman to commit to Maryland in his class. Three-star tackle Lamar Williams committed in June to the Terps, the second-highest rated offensive lineman for the Terps ahead of Amory Hills and Ben Beymer.