Reese Artero will be the University of Maryland’s next SGA president, the organization announced Friday.

Artero, who ran with the Reimagine Maryland party, defeated Uplift UMD’s Ian Gould by three percentage points.

Artero, a junior criminology and criminal justice major, told The Diamondback she is “extremely grateful” to the university community for electing her as student body president.

“The opportunity to work with fellow student leaders, admin and community figures will be extremely valuable in creating the environment that students have asked for,” Artero said.

As president, Artero plans to focus on increasing student engagement and addressing sexual misconduct on campus.

Gould, a junior government and politics and philosophy major, told The Diamondback that he is disappointed he and Elise Donnellan — Uplift UMD’s candidate for executive vice president — did not win, but is glad his ticket’s candidate will be the financial affairs vice president.

Gannon Sprinkle, a sophomore government and politics major, was elected SGA executive vice president. Sprinkle ran alongside Artero on the Reimagine Maryland ticket.

Pranav Ramesh, a junior finance and government and politics major, will be the SGA’s next financial affairs vice president. Ramesh ran on the Uplift UMD ticket.

Students also voted in support of raising this university’s student activity fee by $6 per semester for full-time students and $3 per semester for part-time students. This increase — which was supported by the SGA — will take effect in the 2025-2026 school year and contribute to the SGA’s budget for funding student organizations.

Voting for the election began April 15 and ran until April 17. More than 2,200 students voted in the SGA election.

Election results can be found here.

This story has been updated.