CLARIFICATION: This story has been updated to reflect that six freshmen who transferred out of Maryland did so over the last two seasons. This story has also been updated to better reflect that Isimenme Ozzy-Momodu tore her ACL in February.

Maryland women’s basketball freshman Hawa Doumbouya entered the transfer portal on Monday, she confirmed to The Diamondback. The Next Hoops first reported the news.

The 6-foot-7 center played a total of 44 minutes across 13 games during her first and only year in College Park, averaging 2.1 points and 1.5 rebounds a game.

The New York native graduated from Our Lady of Mount Carmel in Essex and committed to the Terps in August 2022.

Doumbouya is the sixth freshman to leave the Terps over the last two seasons. Emily Fisher is the only freshman remaining from the Terps’ class of 2023 following Riley Nelson, Summer Bostock and Doumbouya’s departures. ESPN ranked that freshman class No. 7 in November 2022.

Doumbouya’s departure leaves an even larger need for height, something Maryland sorely lacks. Allie Kubek and Emma Chardon are the only players listed at 6-foot-2 or taller projected to return next season after Doumbouya’s departure.

[Injuries, lack of depth plagued Maryland women’s basketball in 2023-24]

Six-foot-three forward and center Isimenme Ozzy-Momodu will join the Terps next season. The junior college transfer is recovering from a torn ACL, potentially limiting her contributions next season. Maryland also could look to make a move in the transfer portal with its six available scholarships.

The Terps have only brought in one transfer despite four Maryland players entering the transfer portal — Faith Masonius, Nelson, Bostock and Doumbouya — as well as Jakia Brown-Turner and Lavender Briggs exhausting their eligibility.

The Terps do boast McDonogh’s Ava McKennie as well as two ESPN top-50 incoming freshmen in Kyndal Walker and Breanna Williams.

They might need to contribute early as Maryland looks set to undergo a heavy rebuild. The Terps are projected to have just five returning players from last year’s roster in Shyanne Sellers, Bri McDaniel, Kubek, Chardon and Fisher.