Content warning: This article contains mentions of death.

The 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is a hotline for individuals in crisis or for those looking to help someone else in distress. It is free and available 24/7. To speak with a trained crisis counselor, dial 988 or 800-273-8255.

The Help Center at UMD is a peer counseling and crisis intervention hotline operated by trained undergraduate students at University of Maryland. To speak with a trained listener, dial 301-314-4357. Services are free, anonymous and confidential.

The university Counseling Center’s crisis support line is 301-314-7651. If students are experiencing a crisis, they may go to the Counseling Center front desk on the main level of the Shoemaker Building and request to be seen for an urgent visit. Students can schedule non-urgent appointments by calling 301-314-7651.

University Chaplains are also available to provide spiritual support. Students can reach out via phone or email to contact a chaplain.

The Terrapin Trail Garage has reopened after it was temporarily closed for about three hours due to a death investigation, according to a UMPD alert sent Monday at about 5 p.m.

University of Maryland Police announced in a 2:19 p.m. alert that the garage was temporarily closed due to a department investigation. The department advised community members to avoid the area at that time.

There is no known threat to campus, the latest alert said.

The police department does not have further information to provide at this time, a UMPD spokesperson told The Diamondback.

In the latest alert, UMPD recommended community members seek Counseling Center resources if they need help.

This story has been updated.

Staff writer Lillian Glaros contributed to this story.