Maryland men’s basketball freshman Jamie Kaiser Jr. entered the transfer portal on Monday, a team spokesperson confirmed to The Diamondback.

The former four-star recruit averaged 4.4 points per game on 26.5 percent shooting from three during his freshman year. He is the fourth Maryland player to enter the transfer portal this offseason following Noah Batchelor, Caelum Swanton-Rodger and Jahnathan Lamothe’s departures.

The Terps have two open scholarships following Kaiser’s departure and appear to be stretched thin at the wing position. They shot just 28.9 percent from three last season, which ranked 350th of 362 Division I teams, and could look to add more shooting at the position.

[Belmont guard Ja’Kobi Gillespie transfers to Maryland men’s basketball]

Maryland returns Loyola Marymount transfer Chance Stephens, who redshirted his first season in College Park while recovering from a patellar tendon tear. Saint Louis transfer Gibson Jimerson, who shot 39.5 percent from three over four years with the Billikens, met with Maryland over Zoom last Tuesday, 247Sports reported March 27, but boasts a long list of interested schools.

Kaiser is ranked as the Terps’ 13th best recruit since 2000 and was the No. 65 player in the class of 2023, per 247Sports’ composite rankings. He was a part of coach Kevin Willard’s first full freshman recruiting class, which included fellow four-star DeShawn Harris-Smith and was ranked No. 19 in the nation.

Half of that class has now already departed, as Lamothe entered the transfer portal on March 21. Freshman center Braden Pierce redshirted during his first season in College Park.