Two-year Maryland women’s basketball captain Faith Masonius is entering the transfer portal for her final year of eligibility after five years with the program, she announced on social media Monday.

Masonius averaged 6 points and 4.2 rebounds over her career. She tore her ACL in the middle of her junior year but returned to full-strength for her senior season, starting every game. Her contributions went far beyond the stat sheet.

Masonius was known for her vocal leadership on and off the court and was often referred to as the team’s glue.

[Maryland women’s basketball’s Faith Masonius built a thriving NIL brand by being herself]

“Faith is the reason why Maryland is always so good,” Shyanne Sellers said after the team upset Ohio State in the Big Ten tournament quarterfinals on March 8. Masonius notched a season-high 15 points and 11 rebounds in the win.

Masonius won the Big Ten Outstanding Sportsmanship Award and the James H. Kehoe Award in 2023, which honors athletes for their sportsmanship. She graduated with her bachelor’s degree in 2023 and will graduate with her master’s in May.

“She’s our best communicator, our best leader on the floor. She’s kind of that glue piece that puts it all together,” coach Brenda Frese said in February.

Since joining the team in the 2019-20 season, Masonius helped the Terps win two conference tournaments, reach the Sweet Sixteen three straight years and make it to the Elite Eight in 2023.