Maryland women’s basketball guard Summer Bostock entered the transfer portal Wednesday, she confirmed to The Diamondback.

Bostock, a redshirt freshman, played sparingly this season. She appeared in just 10 games and averaged 4.7 minutes per contest.

“Sometimes we are faced with things going in a new direction, but I do believe what’s for you, won’t pass you,” Bostock told the Diamondback in a statement.

The Ontario native enrolled at Maryland a semester early last season and was on the roster during the Terps’ Elite Eight run. Coach Brenda Frese praised Bostock’s work ethic last season. Frese said in a team release the guard was “ahead of the game with learning our system and adjusting to college life.”

[Maryland women’s basketball collapses, falls to Iowa State, 93-86, in NCAA tournament]

But Bostock never found a consistent role in her first full season despite Maryland’s depleted guard depth. She was a touted shooter in high school, scoring 27.3 points a game as a junior and playing on team Canada at the 2021 FIBA U16 Women’s Americas Championship.

“I am a three level scorer, shooting [and] rebounding are skills I can confidently contribute to a team,” Bostock said in the statement.

Bostock scored a career-high six points against James Madison in December.

Maryland’s scholarship freshman — Riley Nelson, Hawa Doumbouya, Emily Fisher, and Bostock — played a combined 738 minutes this season. Nelson is recovering from a torn ACL, Doumbouya played in 13 games and Fisher saw extended minutes toward the end of the season.