Jahmir Young became Maryland men’s basketball’s first All-Big Ten first team selection since 2020 on Tuesday, according to a release from the conference.

The media picked the fifth-year Charlotte transfer to the All-Big Ten first team for the first time in his career. He was the Terps’ highest-profile selection in this year’s conference’s awards. Young was an All-Big Ten second team selection by the coaches — he earned unanimous second team honors last season.

Young has averaged 20.8 points, 4.9 rebounds and 4.2 assists in 35.6 minutes per game this year ahead of the Big Ten tournament. If the season ended today, his single-season points per game and minutes per game averages would be the 11th-best and ninth-best in program history.

DeShawn Harris-Smith was named to the All-Big Ten freshman team in his first season with the Terps. He’s the first Maryland player since 2019 to earn the honor.

[Maryland men’s basketball’s tumultuous year tarnished Jahmir Young’s historic season]

The Virginia native has made a defensive impact and settled into Maryland’s offense as the season has progressed. Harris-Smith averaged 9.6 points per game in the Terps’ final seven regular season games and has shown glimpses of how he could fit into Maryland’s future.

Junior Julian Reese and fifth-year Donta Scott both earned the same honors they did last season.Reese was named to an All-Big Ten honorable mention by the coaches and media while coaches selected Scott as an honorable mention. The latter has averaged 11.3 points per game on 33.1 percent shooting from deep in his final season at Maryland, one that saw him become the all-time leader in starts.

Reese was one of 10 players to be named to the preseason All-Big Ten team, but only earned a pair of honorable mention selections for the second straight year. The junior averaged 13.9 points and 9.7 rebounds per game during the Terps’ regular season but missed the finale at Penn State with an ankle injury.