If you’re planning on giving treats to your significant other or friends for Valentine’s Day, ditch a classic box of chocolates for these quick and easy recipes from TikTok. 

Red velvet cake pops from @elvira_milc

Red velvet cake was my personal favorite cake flavor growing up, and it matches the color scheme of Valentine’s Day. These easy-to-make cake pops are the perfect treat for those with a sweet tooth. While the original recipe calls for red velvet cake made from scratch, you can use cake box mix like I did to speed up the process.

To make red velvet cake pops, you need: 

– Red velvet cake mix

– 1 cup of your preferred milk

– 3 eggs

– ⅓ cup of canola or other vegetable oil

– 2 chocolate bars of your choosing

– 1 pack of paper sticks

– ½ cup of cream cheese

– Non-stick spray

– 1 tablespoon of butter

– 1 cup of powdered sugar

First pour your cake mix into a large bowl. Then add your milk, eggs and oil, and mix the ingredients together. Spray non-stick cooking spray onto your baking pan and pour the cake mix. Bake at 350 degrees for about 33 minutes or according to box directions. Once the cake is ready and still hot, break it up with a mixer or fork. Mix in melted butter, cream cheese and sugar until you get a soft consistency, then mold into balls. Melt the chocolate bars, add the cake pops onto paper sticks and dip them in melted chocolate. Freeze in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to harden the chocolate.

[Beyoncé breaks the internet with country music announcement]

Crispy heart-shaped potatoes from @gigimadanipour

If you’re making treats for someone who prefers savory over sweet, this is the recipe for you.

To make these heart potatoes, you’ll need the following:

– Russet Potatoes — I used two but you can use more depending on how many you want, each potato makes about 10 hearts

– ½ teaspoon of kosher salt

– 1 teaspoon of garlic powder 

– ¼ teaspoon of Italian seasoning

– 3 teaspoons of olive oil

– Heart-shaped cookie cutters

First, peel and slice your potatoes to the thickness of your choosing. Let them soak in water for a half-hour before drying. Place in a large bowl, apply olive oil and seasonings and mix with your hands. Use your air fryer at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.  If you’re a cheese fan like me, sprinkle parmesan on top of your cooked potatoes to your liking! 

Mini Heart Shaped Pizzas from @askinem

One of America’s favorite takeout options, but made at home and festive? These simple mini pizzas are another great option for your partner or friends who are more into savory foods!

To make these mini pizzas, you’ll need:

– 1 bag of mozzarella cheese

– 1 jar of pizza sauce

– 1 pack of pepperoni or meat substitute, or any other pizza toppings you’d prefer

– Pre-made canned pizza dough

– Heart-shaped cookie cutters

Begin preparing your dish by rolling out your pizza dough to be as thin as you would like the crust to be. Then cut out heart-shaped pieces of dough with your cookie cutter and spread pizza sauce and cheese as you like. Apply your toppings and bake in the oven at 220 degrees for about 14 minutes.

[How Noah Kahan became the music industry’s king of collaborations]

No-bake Oreo truffles from @moribyan

If your friend or valentine is a huge chocolate fan, these no-bake Oreo truffles are perfect for them.

To make these truffles, use the following ingredients:

– 1 family-size box of Oreos

– 12 ounces of cream cheese

– 1 bag of pink candy melts

– Festive Valentine’s Day sprinkles

To begin, blend your Oreos in a food processor, and add them to a bowl. Mix in the cream cheese with a large spoon until you reach a soft texture. Then roll your mix into balls. Freeze the balls in the fridge for about 15 minutes while you prepare your candy melts. To do that, microwave them in a bowl at 15-second intervals, stirring in-between until fully melted. Poke the truffles with a fork and dip them into the candy melts, remove them from the fork and decorate to your liking.