Maryland baseball released its 2024 schedule Tuesday. It features five opponents that competed in last year’s NCAA Tournament and seven teams that finished the season ranked in the top 75 in RPI.

“Our schedule this year is a good challenge for our guys,” coach Matt Swope said in a release. “In my first year as a head coach we wanted to make sure our guys knew that they would consistently compete against top level talent and I think our schedule this year reflects that.”

The Terps will play just 20 home games this season, down from 27 last season. Eight of their 13 midweek matchups are on the road.

Maryland opens its season on the road with a three-game series at Georgia Southern beginning Feb. 16 then returns to College Park for its home opener on Feb. 20 with a midweek matchup against Mount St. Mary’s.

Swope’s squad then travels to Corpus Cristi, Texas to compete in the Kleberg College Classic. The three-game tournament will feature a preview of a future Big Ten foe with a matchup against Washington on Feb. 25.

The early non-conference slate ends with road series at Charlotte and Portland on March 8 and March 15, respectively. The 49ers went 36-28 and played in a regional last season.

[Maryland baseball’s first fall scrimmage offered look at revamped roster, new coaches]

Big Ten play opens at home against Michigan State on March 22, the first of four home weekend series. The Terps also have four road weekend conference series.

A seven-game road stretch begins April 12 with series against Northwestern and Nebraska and a midweek game at Delaware.

The Terps get a break in their conference weekend slate with a two-game series at Boston College beginning May 11. The Eagles finished 37-20 last season and fell in the Tuscaloosa Regional.

Maryland travels to West Virginia on May 14 for its final midweek game of the season.

The Terps conclude their regular season with a home weekend series against Penn State beginning on May 16. In the final days of last season, Maryland clinched the Big Ten regular season title with a win over the Nittany Lions.