Aidan Seibel, a five-star goalie from local lacrosse powerhouse McDonogh, committed to Maryland men’s lacrosse on Sunday. The junior helped his team compile a 17-1 record and repeat as Maryland Interscholastic Athletic Association champions last spring.

Seibel is Inside Lacrosse’s top-ranked goalie and No. 9 overall player in the 2025 class. He made seven saves in the MIAA championship to help McDonogh claim a 14-5 win over Calvert Hall. He also made a game-saving stop in the Eagles’ 8-7 semifinal victory over Boys’ Latin, extending his left foot out to send the game to overtime.

Seibel is the first commit in coach John Tillman’s 2025 class. He joins fellow five-star recruit and current Terps goalie Logan McNaney. Now, Tillman will look to build out the rest of the 2025 class.

Commits

Football

Davon Watkins, 2024, Offensive Tackle, St. Mary’s

Maryland football gained another commitment in the trenches in Davon Watkins, an unranked offensive tackle from nearby St. Mary’s. He chose the Terps over Akron, Kent State and Temple.

[Sign up for our weekly sports newsletter, The Diamondback Sports Digest]

The local product shared his decision with the Maryland staff while on a visit for the Towson game this past weekend, according to Inside the Black and Gold.

At 6-foot-5, 315 pounds, Watkins strengthens an already-deep 2024 class at his position headlined by three-star tackles Ryan Howerton and Samir Camacho.

Baseball

Sammy Berman, 2025, Infielder/Pitcher, Walt Whitman

Berman is the eighth commit for new coach Matt Swope in the 2025 class. According to Perfect Game, Berman can play third base, second base, shortstop and has experience pitching.

The 5-foot-9, 170-pounder hit .353 in 51 at-bats as a sophomore for Whitman. He made nine appearances on the mound, allowing five earned runs in 16.1 innings and racking up 30 strikeouts.

Berman joins John Carroll shortstop Will Rhine as the second infielder in the class.

Visits

Men’s basketball

Efeosa Oliogu, 2025, Wing, Overtime Elite (Georgia)

Oliogu, a four-star wing from Toronto who will be joining Overtime Elite in Atlanta next season, is set to visit College Park this weekend, per On3 Sports’ Joe Tipton.

Oliogu is 247Sports’s 46th-ranked player and On3’s ninth-best player in the 2025 recruiting class. Both sites currently give the Terps the highest chance of landing the Canadian prospect, with On3 listing Missouri and Auburn as the biggest threats.

[Recruiting roundup: Top 40 men’s basketball recruit to visit Maryland this weekend]

Oliogu has already taken an unofficial visit to Maryland and says the coaching staff reaches out to him regularly.

“When I went on my visit, I saw the culture they have there, the community,” Oliogu told On3. “They’re an explosive team. They are tough and like to rebound and play defense.”

Women’s basketball

Zania Socka-Nguemen, 2024, Forward, Sidwell Friends (Washington, D.C.)

Maryland women’s basketball is looking to add a centerpiece to its 2024 class, one with just three commits. Five-star forward Zania Socka-Nguemen would fit the bill.

The No. 26 player in espnW’s HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings, Socka-Nguemen plays for Sidwell Friends School in Washington, D.C., and Team Durant on the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League circuit. She shared pictures with coach Brenda Frese from her official visit to College Park on X, the site formerly known as Twitter.

The Terps’ 2024 class currently has two four-stars in Kyndal Walker and Breanna Williams.

Announcements

Four-star forward Khani Rooths narrowed his list of schools to seven, and Maryland men’s basketball remains in the mix.

Rooths is a local talent who began his high school career with Georgetown Prep before transferring to IMG Academy for his junior season. He was scheduled to visit Maryland on Sept. 15 but will no longer make the trip, On3 reported.

The forward is 247Sports’ No. 5 power forward and the No. 24 overall player in the 2024 class.