Maryland baseball’s Matt Shaw was named Big Ten Player of the Year and Rob Vaughn was named Big Ten Coach of the Year as nine Terps took home conference honors, the conference announced Tuesday.

Shaw is the fourth Terp to be named conference player of the year, and the second in a row after Chris Alleyne won it in 2022. Maryland is the first Big Ten program to have consecutive outright Player of the Year winners in 33 years.

Shaw hit .361 with 23 home runs in the regular season, which led the conference and helped him break Maryland’s career home run record in April.

“I probably won’t ever coach the combination of talent, the combination of work ethic [and] the combination of attention to detail in everything he does [again],” Vaughn said last month. “He’s left a serious impact on this program.”

[From new entrants to two-time champs, Maryland baseball rises to Big Ten prominence]

Vaughn’s Coach of the Year nod is his second in a row after guiding the Terps to the last two Big Ten Championships. They finished the regular season 37-19 in 2023 — the coach’s sixth season — overcoming a difficult start and a slew of injuries to again finish first in the conference.

Nick Lorusso and Luke Shliger joined Shaw on the All-Big Ten First Team. Lorusso’s 96 RBIs set the Big Ten single-season record, while also leading Maryland in hits and finishing second on the team with 21 homers.

Shliger’s 87 runs led the nation and his 60 walks were most in the conference.

Jason Savacool and Ian Petrutz were named to the second team. Savacool took a step back from his dominant sophomore season, but still led the team with a 4.66 ERA and 80 strikeouts in 14 starts.

Petrutz slugged 13 home runs, tied for 11th most in the Big Ten, as the Terps’ full-time designated hitter.

Elijah Lambros and Nick Dean captured third team honors. Lambros broke out after transferring from South Carolina. He hit .301 and finished third on the team with 14 home runs while starting 52 games in center field.

[Bent knees, a veteran coach and a Swiss philosophy: How Elijah Lambros fixed his swing]

Dean only allowed more than two earned runs once over his final seven starts this season.

Kyle McCoy earned All-Freshman team honors. The left-hander pitched his way into the Terps’ weekend rotation midway through the season and finished with a 5.81 ERA in 11 starts.