No. 9 Maryland men’s lacrosse senior goalkeeper Logan McNaney will miss the rest of the season with a torn ACL, according to a Baltimore Sun report.

McNaney was named a USA Lacrosse preseason second team All-American and suffered the injury in Maryland’s 12-7 defeat to Loyola on Saturday.

The injury happened with about three minutes left in the Terps’ loss when McNaney tripped while sprinting out of his net for a loose ball. After limping to the Maryland sideline, McNaney was looked at by the Terps’ athletic staff on the bench before heading to the locker room.

[Fourth quarter woes resulted in rare regular season loss for Maryland men’s lacrosse]

Since becoming a full-time starter in 2021, McNaney has amassed an incredible 33-2 record in the cage for the Terps. He started all 18 games in Maryland’s perfect national title season in 2022, registering a career-high 200 saves, tied for tenth-most among all Division I goalkeepers.

In two games this season, McNaney recorded a 8.31 goals-against average and a .531 save percentage.

[Maryland men’s lacrosse suffers first defeat since 2021 in loss to Loyola, 12-7]

Graduate student Teddy Dolan will likely replace McNaney as the Terps’ goalkeeper for the rest of the season. In 11:43 of work in the Terps’ first two games, Dolan notched three saves and allowed one goal.

A transfer from Binghamton, Dolan was named to the America East All-Conference second team in 2022. He made 189 saves with a .543 save percentage last season for the Bearcats and could make his first Maryland start against No. 18 Syracuse on Saturday.