By Shifra Dayak, Ryan White, Grace Yarrow and Christine Zhu
Staff Writers

Para leer este artículo en español, haga clic aquí.

The Prince George’s County Board of Elections announced preliminary vote counts for College Park’s municipal election Sunday. 

The numbers were based only on ballots cast in-person at the city’s community center on Sunday. The board has yet to factor in ballots the city mailed out to residents — city clerk Janeen Miller said there were 1,083 — and provisional votes.

Incumbent Mayor Patrick Wojahn is running for his fourth term. Out of 685 votes cast in person on Sunday, Wojahn received 575 votes. He has secured another term.

In District 1, where a total of 254 voters cast ballots in person Sunday, incumbent council member Fazlul Kabir received 242 votes, and incumbent council member Kate Kennedy received 155 votes. District 1 is uncontested.

In District 2, with three candidates vying for two seats, newcomer Susan Whitney led with 86 votes. Current council member Llatetra Brown Esters was close behind with 84 votes, and former council member Bob Catlin received 55 votes. 

[The Diamondback’s 2021 College Park election guide]

District 3 is also a contested race, with incumbents John Rigg and Robert Day and newcomer Stuart Adams competing for two seats. On Sunday, 209 voters from the district cast in-person ballots. Rigg received 151 votes, Adams received 122 and Day received 112. 

Denise Mitchell and Maria Mackie have secured their city council seats for the next term in the uncontested District 4 election. Mitchell received 75 votes Sunday, and Mackie received 72.