Aaron Wiggins will pass on his final year of eligibility with Maryland men’s basketball and keep his name in the 2021 NBA Draft, he announced Monday evening.

The 6-foot-6 Wiggins’ standout performance at the G League Elite Camp earned him an invitation to the NBA Combine last week in Chicago. He scored 14 points in 21 minutes and shot 6-for-7 from the field in his final scrimmage there.

Wiggins, the No. 64 prospect in the ESPN 100, has had private workouts with seven NBA teams, including the Boston Celtics, Cleveland Cavaliers, Golden State Warriors and New York Knicks. Wiggins told ESPN he has received positive feedback from executives. The 22-year-old is scheduled to attend the Minnesota group workout this week, to which all 30 NBA teams are invited.

[Eric Ayala withdraws name from NBA Draft, returns to Maryland]

Wiggins was the second-highest scorer for the Terps in the 2020-21 campaign, behind only Eric Ayala. He averaged 14.5 points, 5.8 rebounds and 2.5 assists per game last season. Wiggins appeared in 96 games with 50 starts throughout his career in College Park. He finished his Maryland career with a memorable 27-point performance against Alabama in the NCAA tournament.

Wiggins and Ayala had previously announced they would test their chances in the NBA Draft this preseason. But Ayala is returning, while Wiggins is now gone.

Even with Wiggins’ departure, the Terps are expected to rank in the top 25 poll this preseason with Ayala’s return and the addition of several transfers, including Fatts Russell and Qudus Wahab.