Para leer este artículo en español, haga clic aquí.

Six new mass COVID-19 vaccination sites will open across the state of Maryland by the end of April, Gov. Larry Hogan announced Tuesday. The new locations will double the number of mass sites statewide. 

The new sites will be located in Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Frederick, Harford, Howard and Montgomery counties, Hogan said. The mass sites in Baltimore and Montgomery counties — located at the Timonium Fairgrounds and the Montgomery College campus in Germantown, respectively — will open during the week of April 5.

The sites in Frederick and Anne Arundel counties will open during the week of April 12, and the Howard and Harford county sites will open by the end of April, Hogan said. The state has not announced the specific locations of those sites.

The state is having conversations with multiple counties on opening more vaccination sites, Hogan said.

[All Marylanders 16 and over will be eligible for the COVID vaccine by April 27, Hogan says]

There are currently six mass vaccination sites in the state, including sites at the Baltimore Convention Center, M&T Bank Stadium and the Six Flags in Prince George’s County.

The state of Maryland officially entered phase 2A of its vaccination plan Tuesday. Now, all Marylanders over the age of 60 are eligible to receive the coronavirus vaccine.

Phase 2B will begin March 30, and pre-registration has opened for all Marylanders 16 and over with medical conditions that would put them at increased risk for severe COVID-19 illness. The state has expanded this phase to include Marylanders 16 or older with disabilities, Hogan said.

All Marylanders 16 and over will be eligible for the vaccine by April 27.