After a successful indoor campaign that saw Maryland athletes accrue a number of records and personal bests, including an NCAA championships appearance, Maryland track and field is now turning its focus to the upcoming outdoor season. The schedule, which features seven meets against Big Ten teams, was announced Thursday.

Maryland will start its season at home, hosting the Maryland Invitational on March 26-27. It will be the Terps’ first meet in College Park since 2019. 

[Angel Nkwonta falls short of first team All-American berth at NCAA championships]

The following weeks will see the Terps travel across the country to compete. That journey is set to begin April 2, when they will compete at the Hawkeye Invite in Jacksonville, Florida.

The next weekend will see them travel back up north to New Brunswick, New Jersey, to compete at the Rutgers tri-meet.

On April 16, Maryland will make the trip to Prairie View, Texas, for the Husker Big Ten Invite. A week later, the Terps will travel to Champaign, Illinois, to compete at the Big Ten Relays.

Maryland will play in Columbus, Ohio, a week later at the Jesse Owens Invite the following weekend.

The Terps then round off the season with a trip to Penn State. They are then set to return to Illinois for the Big Ten Championships.

[Angel Nkwonta has lofty goals for the NCAA track and field indoor national championships]