The University of Maryland will lift its sequester-in-place order Saturday at noon and resume in-person classes Monday, according to a campuswide email from university President Darryll Pines and Health Center Director Dr. Spyridon Marinopoulos. 

Prompted by an uptick in COVID-19 cases in the campus community, the university issued a sequester-in-place directive that began at noon Feb. 20. In the week leading up to the order, the university reported 199 coronavirus cases from campus testing and self-reports, according to the latest data on the university’s coronavirus dashboard. 

However, the rise in cases has slowed in the past week, Pines and Marinopoulos wrote. 

There were 258 cases reported from campus testing and self-reports since the directive was instated, according to the dashboard. 

[With campus COVID cases on the rise, UMD community sounds off on sequestering order]

Stamp Student Union and University Recreation and Wellness facilities will reopen Monday, according to the email. RecWell activities will be supervised and conducted within participant capacity limits.

Indoor gatherings will be restricted to 10 people and outdoor gatherings will be limited to 25 people, with no more than 1 person per 200 square feet in either case, the email read.

Spring break will continue as planned.

[UMD classes online, students asked to sequester for a week amid rise in COVID cases]