Para leer este artículo en español, haga clic aquí.

Prince George’s County Health Department is halting first dose COVID-19 vaccinations at all county sites through Monday due to supply chain disruptions caused by inclement weather, according to a notice on its website Friday.

Thursday’s inclement weather left slick surfaces and more than six inches of snow in some parts of the state and disrupted the state’s vaccine supply chain. The county operates four vaccination clinics in Landover, Laurel, Fort Washington and Cheverly. 

On Thursday, the health department notified those with appointments on these dates that they would be rescheduled, according to the notice. 

[UMD limits all student gatherings to five people after spike in COVID-19 cases]

The website also adds that some individuals were able to “illegitimately” schedule appointments on Friday. The county will not be able to vaccinate those who signed up for appointments today, the notice added.

The county will continue to administer second dose vaccinations. 

The supply chain disruption comes as Maryland’s COVID-19 vaccine rollout lags behind other states. Less than 6 percent of Prince Georgians have received the first dose and less than 2 percent have received the second dose, according to the state’s coronavirus dashboard.

CORRECTION: Due to an editing error, a previous version of this article said the health department notified people their appointments would be rescheduled on Wednesday. The department notified people on Thursday. This story has been updated.