If you miss the feeling of meeting up with friends and getting the most out of your student activities fee, or you’re just looking for a fun way to spend your Friday nights while winter has us all trapped inside, you’re in luck. Stamp Student Union’s special events and programs division is hosting a range of events every Friday in February as part of a monthlong All Niter series.

All Niters are typically one-night events that are held on the last Friday in September, said Laura Hood, Stamp’s manager of student programs. However, in order to include both virtual and in-person events this year, the programs were spread out throughout the month.

“We tried to schedule it out that you can probably go to every single event and hit up everything, and get the most out of your experience,” Hood said. 

Many of the events will allow students to choose whether they want to participate from home or in person. In order to comply with public health guidelines and keep students as safe as possible, in-person events will be capped at 10 participants at a time, everyone will be required to stay six feet apart and wear a mask, and any necessary materials will come in separate kits for each student.

“Just coming back to the Stamp, we hope to give that student the feeling of a little bit of normalcy,” Hood said. “But also recognizing we are still in a pandemic, we want to do everything we can for you all to be safe, for our staff to be safe and for the event in total to be a safe event.”

[H&M’s new denim collaboration bridges sustainability and affordability]

The events taking place on Feb. 5 include a virtual escape room; a Survivor-themed simulation game, co-sponsored by the Maryland Leadership Education and Development Program; and virtual trivia, hosted by TerpZone. 

On Feb. 12, just in time for Valentine’s Day, Student Entertainment Events is hosting its annual Build-a-Bae event. Students can sign up to reserve a 15-inch stuffed animal they can either have mailed to their home or build in person. There will also be a scavenger hunt both on the campus and online throughout the entire day, as well as a Super Smash Brothers tournament that TerpZone is hosting over Zoom.

For the reverse tie-dye event that Stamp’s Studio A is co-sponsoring on Feb. 19, students can choose to participate in one of three ways: have the materials mailed to their home, pick up the supplies directly from Stamp or sign up for one of the four in-person time slots. 

[These films give you something to look forward to in 2021]

To cap off the month, the Feb. 26 events include a nonprofit volunteer fair, cosponsored by Leadership and Community Service Learning; an in-person escape room, co-sponsored by SEE; and a glow night at TerpZone, which will feature cosmic bowling, glow pool, games and prizes. Guided canvas painting sessions will also take place. Students can choose to take part in the in-person painting sessions, pick up their supplies earlier in the day from Stamp or have materials mailed to them. If they choose the latter two options, participants can follow along with the Zoom livestream.

Stamp is also teaming up with SEE and the Office of Multicultural Involvement and Community Advocacy to screen free movies for 24 hours each Friday in celebration of Black History Month. These include The Wiz on Feb. 5, Black Panther on Feb. 12, Us on Feb. 19 and Akeelah and the Bee on Feb. 26.

All events are free, but make sure to sign up as soon as possible if you want to attend — you must register in advance, and in-person events are filling up the fastest.