Finally, we are nearing the end of 2020 with a chance to redeem this hellish year. Although the pandemic ruined nearly all our plans, the holiday season feels too sacred to touch. Holiday joy has the potential to be our one bright moment — and honestly, we deserve it. For many people though, this time will likely be a continuation of anxiety and financial stress.

Only one hero is capable of saving the season, like in those cheesy Hallmark movies. The one and only Dolly Parton is our 2020 Christmas miracle.

The country music icon announced Tuesday that her Netflix holiday musical, Dolly Parton’s Christmas on the Square, will be released Nov. 22. If that did not give you enough hope for some happiness this year, she also dropped a new Christmas album on Friday to tide people over until Thanksgiving.

Given the circumstances, those two announcements felt especially beautiful. Any pre-Halloween holiday music will make dampened spirits bright, but releasing her first Christmas album in 30 years is particularly well-timed.

[Review: ‘The Devil All the Time’ is a calculated masterpiece]

Take a moment just to admire the title: A Holly Dolly Christmas. If that wordplay doesn’t make you smile, you are literally the Grinch.

The 12 songs beautifully mix holiday classics with some new additions. Parton flew solo while writing five of the tracks, which serve as more reminders of her amazing songwriting skills (in case you somehow forgot). Some of the other tracks include a number of uplifting duets with the likes of Billy Ray Cyrus and Parton’s brother, Randy.

“Christmas Is,” which features Parton’s goddaughter Miley Cyrus, is just as wholesome as you’re imagining. 

“It’s all about kindness, love and compassion,” the pair sings. There is turmoil and conflict in our country surrounding just about everything, from civil rights to the upcoming election and the pandemic. Look no further than Twitter for proof that we have collectively forgotten how to speak to each other with respect and empathy. “Christmas Is” should be required listening for every American right now.

[Here are the most eccentric Crocs collaborations out there]

Parton finds an unlikely partner in Jimmy Fallon for an iconic remake of Mariah Carey’s “All I Want For Christmas Is You.” The pair open the track with banter about the song being “mushy and romantic.” I did not know we needed this karaoke-esque duet, but I am thankful we have it now.

Other classics on the album include “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus,” and of course, no holiday album is complete without a version of “Holly Jolly Christmas.” 

An undeniable highlight on A Holly Dolly Christmas is the crossover between the Christmas music king and country music queen. Michael Bublé and Parton sing a new holiday must-listen, “Cuddle Up, Cozy Down Christmas.” Their voices melt together to showcase the best of Christmas music and will absolutely be on repeat until the new year.

Thanks to Dolly Parton, Christmas lovers’ troubles are miles away. If you need to get lost in a magic land of gifts and ornaments, A Holly Dolly Christmas is the escape we need until January and beyond.