Maryland men’s basketball secured Swiss forward Arnaud Revaz, according to a release Monday morning.

“I’m super excited to get to America and join Maryland as I start this next chapter of my life,” Revaz said in the release. “It’s a great opportunity for me to play basketball and get my education at a great university.”

Revaz spent four years with French side JL Bourg, turning out for its under-21 outfit. Revaz averaged 6.7 points and 3.5 rebounds in 19.9 minutes of action this campaign as La Jeu racked up a 20-6 record before the COVID-19 pandemic curtailed the season.

Revaz has also earned some looks as a member of the Swiss national team player pool. He posted averages of 9.6 points and 5.5 rebounds in the U-18 European Championships. On July 27, Revaz was called up to join a Swiss U-23 National Team camp.

“We are really excited to welcome Arnaud to our program,” coach Mark Turgeon said in the release. “He has improved immensely over the last few years and will be a great fit in our system as he joins our program in College Park.”

[Four-star wing Ike Cornish commits to Maryland men’s basketball]

Revaz’s development has mirrored that of another European Terp big: Alex Len.

As was the case with Len, Revaz started playing basketball in his mid-teens — he had spent much of his formative years starring as a heptathlete. But after sprouting to 6-foot-7, Revaz made the switch to basketball.

“I have a similar story to Alex Len,” Revaz said in the statement. “We both started playing basketball late and I’m aware of the success he had at Maryland.

Now standing at 6-foot-10, Revaz looks poised to play a major role in the paint as Turgeon’s squad retools down low following Jalen Smith’s departure. Chol Marial stands at 7-foot-2 but struggled with injuries for much of his rookie season. Meanwhile, Alabama transfer Galin Smith comes to Maryland never averaging more than four points and 2.5 rebounds in a season.

So while the Len comparison may be a bit premature, one thing is for certain: Revaz will have his opportunity to contribute from day one.