On Tuesday evening, the University of Maryland announced it would cancel classes for a week after spring break and move classes online for at least two weeks following that — meaning that students should plan not to return to campus until at least April 10.

How does this affect students who live in dorms, or hours for on-campus facilities? Student affairs vice president Patty Perillo elaborated on what life at this university will look like in the coming weeks in an email late Tuesday night.

[Read more: Coronavirus updates: The Diamondback’s ongoing coverage]

Housing

For students who have an “extenuating need” to continue living in on-campus housing over the extended break and subsequent transition to online coursework should fill out an application to do so for the Department of Resident Life, Perillo wrote. Otherwise, students will not be able to return to their housing, and should bring all essential belongings and medications upon departing for spring break — a situation that extends to the school-owned fraternity and sorority housing, as well as on-campus dorms. Since South Campus Commons and Courtyards are privately owned, students should work with rental management regarding questions, Perillo wrote.

Dining

Starting on March 22, the South Campus Dining Hall will provide two meals each day until the campus resumes in-person classes — one from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and one from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. The South Campus Commons shop will also be open every day from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m., starting on March 22.

University Health Center

From March 18 through April 10, the University Health Center will be open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Walk-ins and appointments will be available during these times, and the pharmacy will be open.

Counseling Center

From March 18 through April 10, the Counseling Center will be open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for intake appointments, ongoing individual therapy, drop-in visits and consultation. Current group therapy, workshops and Guided Study Session programs will close over spring break and resume once in-person classes pick up again. The after-hour crisis phone line will be available starting at 4:30 p.m. every day and on weekends.

Accessibility and Disability Service

From March 18 through April 10, ADS will operate from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m. Monday through Friday.

RecWell

All RecWell facilities are closed until further notice.

The university’s original plan was to have Eppley Recreation Center open Monday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. from March 18 to April 10. At that time, all other RecWell facilities would have been closed, and there would have been no group programmed activities. 

Libraries

McKeldin Library will be open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., but weekend and 24-hour operations will be suspended. All other university libraries will only offer online services and resources.

Stamp Student Union

Stamp will be closed until at least March 29.

The building was originally scheduled to be open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., from March 18 through April 10. 

Shuttle-UM

The spring break schedule from the Department of Transportation Services will apply.

[Read more: UMD cancels post-spring break in-person classes until April 10]

This story has been updated.