Hundreds of University of Maryland students and residents of College Park are members of Terps for Bernie, an organization led by students who support Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vermont) for president. Among many things done in support of the Democratic presidential candidate, the organization hosts debate watch parties, canvassing events on campus and in the surrounding area and makes calls to voters in states across the country. Ahead of Super Tuesday, when fifteen states hold primary elections and caucuses, the group drove from the University of Maryland to Springfield, Virginia to attend a Sanders campaign rally.

Michael Hayes, a sophomore civil engineering major, speaks to a student while canvassing for Bernie Sanders on Feb. 27, 2020. (Eric Harkleroad/The Diamondback)
Terps for Bernie members outside Summers Restaurant in Arlington, Virginia on Feb. 29, 2020. Four carpools drove 13 students and College Park residents to canvass for Sanders and attend his rally. (Eric Harkleroad/The Diamondback)
Freshman public policy major Taylor Borie talks to sophomore mathematics major Jacob Smith while canvassing apartments in Arlington, Virginia. (Eric Harkleroad/The Diamondback)
Lily Wang talks to Terps for Bernie members before the group splits up to canvass apartments in Arlington, Virginia on Feb. 29, 2020. (Eric Harkleroad/The Diamondback)
Helen Hennessey, a senior sociology major, talks to fellow supporters of Sanders at Summers Restaurant in Arlington, Virginia. (Eric Harkleroad/The Diamondback)
Lily Wang,  a member of Terps for Bernie and a resident of College Park, wears four Bernie Sanders pins to a rally in Springfield, Virginia on Feb. 29, 2020. (Eric Harkleroad/The Diamondback)
Bernie Sanders supporters line up outside The St. James Sports, Wellness and Entertainment Complex for a rally on Feb. 29, 2020. (Eric Harkleroad/The Diamondback)
Thousands of Bernie Sanders supporters packed into The St. James Sports, Wellness and Entertainment Complex to hear the presidential candidate speak on Feb. 29, 2020. (Eric Harkleroad/The Diamondback)
Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders speaks to thousands of supporters at his rally. (Eric Harkleroad/The Diamondback)