Photo essay: Maryland tennis’ four-meet winning streak ends with losses to Columbia, VCU

Maryland's Katsiaryna Yemelyanenka and Ayana Akli during their doubles match against Columbia's Akanksha Bhan and Paulina Ferrari in College Park, MD. on Feb. 1, 2020. The pair won the match 4-3. (Elliot Scarangello/The Diamondback)

Ayana Akli runs toward the ball during her match against Columbia’s Akanksha Bhan in College Park on Feb. 1, 2020. Akli won the match 5-7, 6-2, 10-5, and was Maryland’s lone win against the Lions. (Elliot Scarangello/The Diamondback)
The Maryland women’s tennis team huddles after their 6-1 loss to Columbia on Feb. 1, 2020. (Elliot Scarangello/The Diamondback)

Maryland’s Chloe Hamlin waits for the ball during her match against VCU’s Melissa Ifidzhen. Ifidzhen won the match 5-7, 7-5, 6-0, leading VCU to a 5-2 victory over Maryland. (Elliot Scarangello/The Diamondback)
Maryland’s Ayana Akli and Eva Alexandrova shake hands with VCU’s Luminita Tutunaru and Gabriela Davidescu after their 6-2 doubles win on Feb. 2, 2020, in College Park. (Elliot Scarangello/The Diamondback)

Maryland’s Zoe Kulkarni and Chloe Hamlin during their 5-7 doubles loss to VCU’s Melissa Ifidzhen and Kanako Yano. (Elliot Scarangello/The Diamondback)

Please support our journalism by donating to The Diamondback.

Recommended Articles