University of Maryland Police responded to reports of an armed home invasion and several thefts over the past week, according to daily crime logs.

Armed home invasion

A group of males, armed with a handgun, entered a home in the 7500 block of Dickinson Avenue and demanded property Wednesday night, according to a UMD alert.

The suspects stole property from the home before fleeing on Campus Drive toward the College Park Metro Station, the alert read.

University Police and the Prince George’s County Police searched for the suspects, but were unable to locate them. University Police issued an all-clear at about 12:20 a.m.

Theft

On Oct. 27 at about 6 p.m., University Police responded to Norwich Road and Girard Avenue for a report of a suspicious person, police spokesperson Sgt. Rosanne Hoaas wrote in an email. The caller told police that a man rode a bike into the area, left it in the bushes and began walking toward the intersection, Hoaas wrote.

Police found the man walking on Norwich Road and searched him, finding a small hammer, Hoaas wrote. While talking with the man, police also found two bicycles and a motor scooter hidden in the bushes along Dartmouth Avenue, Hoaas wrote.

The bikes owners’ — one of who was a university student — responded to the scene and confirmed the bikes were theirs, Hoaas wrote.   

Jaquan Marquette McGhee, 20, of Washington, D.C., told police he had taken the bicycles, Hoaas wrote. He was charged with theft and fraud.

On Tuesday at about 8:30 a.m., police responded to the 4300 block of Rowalt Drive for a reported theft. A male student reported to police that someone stole all four of the tires and rims off his black Honda sedan, Hoaas wrote.

The theft had occurred earlier that day, Hoaas wrote. Police are reviewing security footage from the area. This case is active.