With the first half BoJack Horseman’s sixth and final season around the corner (Oct. 25, which is in 10 days, but who’s counting?), it’s time to take a trip down memory lane. 

If you’ve never seen the show, you may think it’s a Family Guy-esque adult animated series. But that would be wildly incorrect. It’s a dark and cynical comedy-turned-drama about BoJack Horseman, the washed-up star of the hit sitcom “Horsin’ Around,” who is constantly trying to get his life together, all while running away from himself. 

As the series approaches its end, I found the nine best deep quotes from the first five seasons to look back. 

1. “Closure is a made-up thing by Stephen Spielberg to sell movie tickets. It’s like true love and the Munich Olympics — doesn’t exist in the real world. The only thing to do now is just to keep living forward.” — BoJack to Diane (S1:E5)

2. “Look, the wedding was great, but that’s not real life. I mean, I guess I got a happy ending, but every happy ending has the day after the happy ending, right? And the day after that. So, the wedding was so much fun, it was the happiest day of my life but, you know, what does that say about all the days I have left?”
— Diane to Naomi Watts (S1:E10)

[Read more: Meet Hyper and Sam, the pair you’ve definitely seen around campus]

3. “I need you to tell me that I’m a good person. I know that I can be selfish and narcissistic and self-destructive, but underneath all that, deep down, I’m a good person and I need you to tell me that I’m good.” — BoJack to Diane (S1:E11)

4. “Sweetie, you know I support you in whatever you do, but you’re not going to find what you’re looking for in these awful, made-up places. The universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn’t to search for meaning. It’s to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense and eventually, you’ll be dead.” — Mr. Peanutbutter, to Diane (S1:E12)

5. “To life, huh. It’ll kill you.” — Herb to Sarah Lynn (S2:E3)

6. “You’re young, you can do whatever you want. That’s what they never tell you until it’s too late.” — BoJack to Penny (S2:E11)

7. “You are all the things that are wrong with you. It’s not the alcohol, or the drugs, or any of the shitty things that happened to you in your career, or when you were a kid. It’s you, alright? It’s you.” —Todd to BoJack (S3:E10)

8. “See Sarah Lynn, we’re not doomed. In the great, grand scheme of things, we’re just tiny specks that will one day be forgotten. So it doesn’t matter what we did in the past, or how we’ll be remembered. The only thing that matters is right now — this moment. This one spectacular moment we are sharing together. Right, Sarah Lynn?” — BoJack to Sarah Lynn (S3:E11)

9. “What are you gonna do while I’m at work all day? … And uh, that will satisfy you? At the end of your life when you’re looking back at this day you’ll think, ‘That was a good day?’” — Yolanda to Todd (S5:E1)

[Read more: An ode to laptop stickers]