Police made arrests for disorderly conduct and responded to reports of armed robbery, suspicious activity and bicycle thefts over the past week.

Disorderly conduct

On Sept. 22 at about 6:30 a.m., University Police responded to the Marriott Hotel and Conference Center for a report of a man passed out in the lobby of a restaurant, police spokesperson Sgt. Rosanne Hoaas wrote in an email.

When police woke the man, he would not listen to the officers’ commands and attempted to hit one of the officers, Hoaas wrote.

The man, who was from Newport News, Virginia, was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct. Alcohol was a factor, Hoaas wrote.

This case is closed.

Armed robbery

Police responded to a reported armed robbery on Harvard Road Friday night, according to a UMD alert.

Police believe the suspect left the area, and issued an “all clear” by 10:32 p.m., a later alert read.

The victim, a male, was walking down Harvard Road toward the College Park Metro Station when he was apprehended by the suspect, who demanded money, Prince George’s County Police Department spokesperson Kyndle Johnson said.

The suspect took the victim’s money, and the victim ran away, Johnson said.

The suspect was described as a heavy-set male who had a mustache and is about 20 years old, according to an alert. He also wore a black hoodie, the alert read.

Prince George’s County Police are investigating the incident.

Suspicious activity

At about 3:30 a.m. on Sept. 23, University Police responded to the area near Worcester Hall on Preinkert Drive for a possible abduction involving a vehicle and a male yelling at a female, Hoaas wrote.

Police later determined the incident was a student group welcoming a new member into its club, Hoaas wrote.

The driver of the vehicle was referred to the Office of Student Conduct. This case is closed.

Bicycle theft

On Sept. 23 at about 1:30 p.m., University Police responded to the South Campus Dining Hall for a reported bike theft. A female student reported her bicycle and wire lock were stolen some time between Sept. 20 and Sept. 23., Hoaas wrote.

At about 5 p.m. that day, University Police responded to Garrett Hall for another reported bicycle theft. A female student reported to police that her bike, which was not secured, was stolen sometime between Sept. 22 and Sept. 23.

Police are reviewing surveillance videos from each case and both cases are active, Hoaas wrote.

CDS violations

On Sept. 22, at about 1 a.m., University Police stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation near the intersection of Regents and Fieldhouse drives. When speaking with the male driver, the officer smelled marijuana and a subsequent search of the vehicle yielded a small amount of the drug, Hoaas wrote.

The driver was issued traffic citations and a civil citation for possessing less than 10 grams of marijuana and referred to the Office of Student Conduct.

Later that day, at about 7 p.m., an officer stopped a gold sedan for a traffic violation near the intersection of Diamondback and Campus drives. When speaking with the male driver, who had no affiliation to this university, the officer smelled marijuana and a search of the vehicle yielded a small amount of marijuana, Hoaas wrote.

The driver was issued traffic citations and a civil citation for possessing less than 10 grams of marijuana.

Both cases are closed.

DUI/DWI

At about 1 a.m. on Sept. 22, University Police stopped a black vehicle for a traffic violation near Campus Drive and 52nd Avenue.

When speaking with the driver, the officer smelled alcohol coming from the vehicle, Hoaas wrote.

The driver was arrested and charged with driving while under the influence of alcohol per se, driving while under the influence of alcohol and driving while impaired by alcohol. Police also issued the driver traffic citations.

Staff writer Carmen Molina Acosta contributed to this report.